Achievements and Future Direction
- Considered one of the leading headspace sites in Australia for our innovation and wide range of services
- Over 17,000 occasions of service to over 3000 young people and their families and carers since opening our doors in 2008 with 857 new clients in this last year.
- Referrals from multiple sources, including friends referring friends
- Delivered education and training to over 570 service providers since 2008
- Community awareness activities delivered to the following
- Community Organisations
- Non-Government Organisations (NGO’s)
- Co-location includes Access to Allied Psychological Services (ATAPS), ATAPS for Kids, employment consultants and clinicians from the Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs section of IMHATODS and the Early Psychosis Intervention team.
- Providing clinical placements for JCU physiology students at masters and doctoral levels resulting in preferred placement status for a growing number of health professional students, including nursing, social work, pharmacy and medicine.
- Wide range of community support and engagement that continues to grow, including groups for youny people run by our Youth Worker and fundraising events co-ordinated by the headspace volunteer group.
- Working collaboratively with other services and partner agencies to refine and improve referral pathways.
- The plans for the new building for headspace within a Youth Services Hub are progressing. The Youth Hub, to be located at Riverway, near the skate park, is expected to be constructed in the coming year.
- Extending the reach of our services to surrounding communities
- Continue to increase mental health literacy within the Community