ATAPS for Kids
Please fax ATAPS for Kids Referral Form and Child Treatment Plan for initial referral. For review following 6 sessions please fax the Child Treatment Plan Review.
|GP/Psychiatrist/Paediatrician Referral Form||Click here|
|Child Treatment Plan||Click here|
|Child Treatment Plan Review||Click here|
Please fax the School/Organisation Referral Form and provide the parent/ guardian with the Provisional Referral Letter.
|School/Organisation Referral Form||Click here|
|Provisional Referral Letter Template||Click here|
f > 4799 1798
f > 4898 2799
- DOES NOT require a mental health diagnosis
- 0 – 12 years of age
- At risk of developing or presents with mild to moderate mental health and behavioural issues
ATAPS for Kids is not able to provide crisis support. Please refer these children to the local Acute Care Team (ACT).
ATAPS for Kids may be appropriate for ongoing counselling once a crisis situation has abated.
ATAPS for Kids is not suitable for children who have:
- Acute and/or complex mental health and behavioural issues
- Or where the primary issue relates to a Developmental/ Learning Disorder
1. GP/Specialist assesses the child and identifies a need for counselling.
2. If the child meets ATAPS for Kids criteria (see above) the GP/Specialist completes and faxes an ATAPS for Kids Referral Form and a Child Treatment Plan
3. ATAPS for Kids notify GP/Specialist that the referral has been received.
4. ATAPS for Kids contact the parent/guardian with an appointment. Appointments occur at multiple sites across the TMML region.
5. ATAPS for Kids clinician provides a report to the GP/Specialist after the 6th and/or final visit with recommendations.
6. The GP/Specialist reviews the child and sends review (Child Treatment Plan Review) and request for another 6 sessions to ATAPS for Kids if clinically required.